Everything · Nature · Pictures · The Cats

The Seasons in the garden

On Saturday I noticed just how low the sun already sits in the sky as it slowly sinks below the roof of the house across from us at 4:55pm (summertime). During the summer, the sun is still high in the sky and the tall tree gives us shade from it in the late afternoon, early evening.

Here are a few photos of the sun’s positions

On October 8, 2019 at 5:17pm (summertime) the sun was already vanishing behind the roof. Now, the sun is going down behind the roof much farther to the left, and at 4:55pm (summertime).

October 8, 2019 at 5:17pm
October 8, 2019 at 5:17pm – The sun going down behind the roof of the house across from us

On September 5, 2019 is still reached the tree before it sank behind the other houses at 6:14pm (summertime).

September 5, 2019 6:14pm
September 5, 2019 6:14pm

In the summer, on June 25, 2019 the sun was high in the sky at 5:06pm (summertime) and it would stay sunny for many more hours during that time of the year.

June 25, 2019 5:06pm
June 25, 2019 5:06pm

It’s amazing how quickly the seasons change and it’s interesting to see the seasons change in the plants and trees of the garden. So I thought it might be interesting to post a bunch of pictures showing the different seasons in the garden.

I was worried the number of photos would be too much for one post, but considering I decreased the size of all the photos a lot, it should not cause a big impact on loading time and bandwidth.

Over the two years we lived here, I took a lot of photos of the garden. Many times when it was cloudy, because I just love to photograph clouds and cloudy skies. So it might look like it’s often cloudy here, even though it’s not ;-) Also, the photos are from different years, so things are looking different in some photos, like the small tree in the middle, which was destroyed more and more over the course of a couple of storms.

The season’s changes in the garden

January

November

November 13, 2017 10:27am
November 13, 2017 10:27am
November 26, 2017 11:14am
November 26, 2017 11:14am
Sonic and Samantha November
Transported Sonic and Samantha in with the chairs from the balcony, because it was just getting too cold to have them stay out there for long, despite the sun.

December

December 15, 2018 09:09am
December 15, 2018 09:09am
December 2017 Samantha
Samantha on the bedroom window – December 2017
Time change to Wintertime

The cats and I aren’t used to the daylight savings time change. Sonic comes up meowing for me to come to bed at 9pm, because to him, it still feels like 10pm. He doesn’t care that silly humans have silly time changes twice a year. Murli and Samantha don’t care either, they want their breakfast at about the same time. So, of course, they feel like I’m late in getting up. Therefore, I’m getting up at 7am at the moment, since it would be 8am normally.

Just like with the cats, my feeling for the time is screwed up and exactly an hour wrong too. I keep feeling as if it’s exactly an hour later than it is.

Today I had to use my bicycle light again for the first time since last winter. It was completely dark by the time I was on my way home from the pharmacy and grocery shopping at 5pm. It was a dark day anyway, with thick overcast and rain all day. The temperatures are a lot lower now.

In another sign that winter is definitely coming now, they are starting to put up the Christmas lights in the city. Usually, I saw them mount the lights near my old home on November 1st. Though they have probably always started earlier in other areas of the city and I just never noticed it. The huge Christmas tree on the main square will be put up around the 1st of November as well usually and the Christmas markets will be opened soon after. The Christmas lights remain dark until the 1st of December though.

I really can’t believe how fast time goes by. I’m notΒ feeling any Christmas vibes at all yet, but I’m looking forward to decorating our home in a few weeks ;-)

Also looking forward to the long weekend! Hope you all have a great week <3

14 thoughts on “The Seasons in the garden

1. It is always interesting to see how a particular scene changes over the seasons. Looks like the kitties enjoy experiencing the changes on the balcony as well. I have a Father Christmas and a snowman in my front window already!!! Got nothing for Halloween tomorrow! 😺 Think seeing Santa already is frightening enough! 😺

Liked by 1 person

2. It is great to see the same garden over a year monthly.Great idea. When everything is green it isjust soooo lovely. I agree with you and that silly 1 hour. Animals don’t know it and just do what they always do. Have a great weekend. We don;t have a Bank holidya on 1st, but go to work. :-( . Still we have the weekend, phew.

Liked by 1 person

3. Thanks for sharing the changing seasons at your home. I feel your pain (and the cats’) over the time change. We do that too in Mexico and in the U.S. although on different dates. It always messes with my mind! Have a great weekend!

Liked by 1 person

4. What a delightful picture show of the backyard & the changing seasons….I really enjoyed comparing the photos & the changes in scenery. I enjoy watching out front of my apartment also. And I agree the Sun barely seems to go above the horizon & has swung over the south side of the building by 10 a.m., not the usual 2-3 p.m. during Spring into Summer! Our weather has been nasty the past 2 weeks. Cold, high winds, rain, wet snow, hail…you name it; we have had it!!!! So it is time for our flannels & velour blankets & snuggling!!! I too am having a rough time with the time change….I am up at 4:30 a.m. old time to give BellaDharma her breakfast….then I am back up @ 8 a.m. which was 9 a.m. So by 4 p.m. I am exhausted! And I too think it is later in the day than it is….
    I hope your body adjusts soon! Mine too for that matter!
    Lots of <3 & {{{hugs}}} Sherri-Ellen

Meow meow Murli an Sonic an Samantha what furabuluss photoess of youss’!! Murli yore whiskurrss are speck-taculer!! You all look so comfycozy out on balcony….soon wee will not bee abell to go out…mee tries to go out inn condo efurry day butt iss gettin colder so mee stays out onlee 20 minuttss if that! FISHSTICKSS it sure iss C-O-L-D outside! An it keepss tryin to snow here! Dubbell FISHSTICKSS!!
    Wishin efurryone a guud week. Keepss warm Okay??
    purrsss BellaDharma =^,,^=